|Weapons|| ‣ Light Weapons|
‣ Weapon Types ‣ Projectile Weapons ‣ Flaks
‣ Fire-Starting Weapons
‣ Kill Weapons
| ‣ Echidna Light Flak Cannon|
|Echidna Light Flak Cannon Specs|
|Direct Damage:||50 Explosive|
|Burst Damage:||30 Explosive|
|Burst Radius:||4 meters|
|Arming Time:||0.375 seconds|
|Arming Range:||150 meters|
|Rate of Fire:||2.86 bullets/s|
|Reload Time:||4 seconds|
|Projectile Speed:||400 m/s|
|Shell Drop:||5 m/s²|
|Spread at Max Range:||10 meters|
|Movement and Arcs|
|Horizontal Angles:||65 deg Left; 65 deg Right|
|Vertical Angles:||35 deg Up; 35 deg Down|
|Horizontal Turn:||50 deg/s|
|Vertical Turn:||50 deg/s|
|“||A smaller Flak Cannon, this gun fires explosive rounds over a medium to long range with medium rate of fire. Arming time of 0.4285, no AoE after 150m.||”|
A medium to long range explosive weapon with a high rate of fire, singularly effective against the hull. The smaller brother of the Typhon Heavy Flak Cannons, this gun fires six shots in rapid succession before reloading.
Common Tactics Edit
The Echidna Light Flak Cannon is primarily and exclusively used for destroying a ship's exposed hull after the armor has been destroyed. Due to the light flak's arming time, it is usually classified as a medium to long range gun.
The Echidna Light Flak Cannon is usually paired up with weapons capable of piercing type damage, to complement it's explosive type damage for a successful kill. Due to the light flak's arming time it is usually paired up with weapons fitting it's medium to long range description. A common combination for this gun is to be paired with a Hades Light Cannon, due to it's piercing and medium to long range capabilities.
One of the most dominant weaknesses of the light flak, is it's arming time. While fired inside arming distance, the light flak will lose a significant portion of it's potency. It is common tactic to move closer to a ship with weapons having arming time to minimize the damage taken. To combat the closing-in enemy, it is possible to load the gun with ammunition types that reduce the arming time, like Greased Rounds, or Heatsink Clip making the gun effective for longer against a charging enemy.
Commonly Used Ammunition Edit
With an arming time of 0.4285 seconds, arming range with default ammunition is 150 meters.
- Slightly increased DPC, make 728 to depleted hull (compare with 672 from normal).
- Clip size decreased to 5.
- Arming time Increased to 180 meters.
- Decrease jitter and increased projectile speed.
- Maximized DPS, low DPC (627 to depleted hull).
- Clip size increased to 7.
- Maximum range reduced to 960 meters due speed lower, slightly less comfortable to aim.
- Arming time reduced to 120 meters.
- Fast ROF (1.31 seconds to empty clip compared to 3.5 seconds for Extended Magazine and 2.1 seconds for Normal Rounds), ideal to hit ships with quick armor rebuild.
- Maximized DPC, make 857 to depleted hull, what allow destroy most type of ship from one clip.
- Clip size increased to 9.
- Slightly reduced ROF.