Airships ‣ Junker
|Hull Armor:||700 HP|
|Ship Health:||500 HP|
|Balloon Health:||1200 HP|
|Light Weapon Slots:||5|
|Heavy Weapon Slots:||0|
|Max Speed:||30.00 m/s|
|Max Turn Speed:||16.18 deg/s|
|Turn Acceleration:||15.24 deg/s²|
|Max Vertical Speed:||14.00 m/s|
|Vertical Acceleration:||5.50 m/s²|
|Lift Force:||375,000 N|
|Hull Profile:||350 m²|
|Balloon Profile:||988 m²|
|“||From an Arashi blueprint for building an airworthy ship with a minimum of materials, this spare, skeletal ship has found favor with mercenaries and freelancers who make their living from salvage, trade, and other odd jobs. Though its improvised scrap-metal construction is not the sturdiest, the Junker is very well armed and relies on its weapon-studded lower gun deck to help ward off trouble.||”|
The Junker is a light ship with average top speed and vertical acceleration and fast turning speed and acceleration, which allows it to bring its side-mounted guns into arc quickly. Its high armor and small hull profile make it quite a durable ship, but it has a large balloon which can easily be popped by enemy Hellhound Heavy Twin Carronade, Barking Dog Light Carronade, or Lumberjack Heavy Mortar fire.
The Junker has a large main deck which extends from the front of the ship to the rear, a lower deck with a gun pit at the rear end, and an upper catwalk at the aft, accessed via two ladders situated at either side of the helm. The gun pit is accessed by a ramp which leads down from the fore of lower deck.
The Junker has 5 light weapon slots.
- Slot 1 is at the bow of the ship, and points forward.
- Slots 2 and 3 are on the lower gun deck, in the gun pit, and point directly out to either side.
- Slots 4 and 5 are on the main deck, up and just behind the lower deck guns. They also point directly out to either side.
The Junker is usually seen with each side dedicated to a certain range or tactic. For example, The port side may be long range, while the starboard side is short range. In this case the fore gun generally is the support weapon with wide horizontal arcs, that can be used together with guns of the long-range broadside.
A symmetrical build with mid to close range guns is another possible option, allowing you to use the ship's full maneuverability.
- The hull component is located at the forward end of the main deck, in the middle of the ship. It can be maintenance not only from main deck, but also from below, from lower deck, close to enter point to the gun pit.
- The balloon is locate on upper catwalk at the aft of the ship. The balloon can be maintenanced not only from catwalk, but also from below, from the main deck.
- Two light engines are locate on upper catwalk at the aft of the ship. Jump to the middle of ladder when climb up is a common trick to reduce time to reach engines.
- The main engine is located at the rear end of the lower gun deck.
- The helm is located in rear of main deck, under balloon component, allowing the perfect visibility.
- Due to the pilot's helm being positioned directly below the balloon component, it is directly accessible from the helm and he should help by repairing it. In cases in which ship movement is not in top priority, he should also help by rebuilding the balloon if necessary.
- The pilot can bring a wide variety of tools, a spanner to assist in balloon rebuilds, a mallet to repair the balloon in order to allow the aft engineer to shoot more often (especially useful if the aft engineer only has a wrench) or a wrench to assist in both capacities.
Forward (Hull) EngineerEdit
- The Forward Engineer is responsible for firing the forward gun (if it arcs with the side guns), repairing the hull, and keeping flame off of the gun deck if there isn't a Pit Engineer. If the Aft (Balloon) Engineer has a Dynabuff Industries Kit, it may be necessary for the Forward Engineer to move to the balloon when tanking, while the Gunner helps with the hull.
Aft (Balloon) EngineerEdit
- The Aft Engineer (also known as the Top Engineer) is responsible for maintaining the turning engines and balloon, and also for manning the upper deck guns. This Engineer often carries a DynaBuff Kit to maximize the ship's turning and vertical speed, and to increase the damage of his weapons, which are often explosive, finishing weapons. He should also keep the ship's armor buffed.
- If there is a Gunner on a Junker, this is where he will be. The Gunner's duties on a Junker include maintaining the main engine, firing and maintaining the lower deck guns, and helping to rebuild the hull if needed, however, it is usually preferable for them to keep firing on the enemy.